Hi and late_at_nine
What are these pop up ads for?
What was the severe spyware attack you had?
Can you give us more details?
Have you tried Ewido Anti-Spyware? if not....
Download Ewido anti-spyware
and save that file to your desktop.
- Once you have downloaded ewido anti-spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.
- Once the setup is complete you will need to run ewido and update the definition files.
- On the main screen select the "Update" icon then click "Start Update". The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
- Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
- Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
- Under "Reports"
- Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
- Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
Close ewido anti-spyware
Now.... reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
* Restart your computer
* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
* Choose your usual account.
by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.IMPORTANT:
Do not open any other windows or programs while ewido is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning process.
- Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan"
- Ewido will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
- Ewido will list any infections found on the left hand side. When the scan has finished, it should automatically set the recommended action to Quarantine--if not click on Recommended Action and set it there. Click the Apply all actions button. Ewido will display "All actions have been applied" on the right hand side.
- Click on "Save Report", then "Save Report As". This will create a text file. Make sure you know where to find this file again (like on the Desktop).
- Close ewido.
Reboot back into Normal mode.
See how this goes, if you are still having problems.. come back and we'll advise you further.
Edited by Starbuck, 17 August 2006 - 05:02 PM.