Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weather.com doesn't fully load on 1 computer only

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerHelp69

ComputerHelp69

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:54 PM

Hey guys.

I have two computers in the home connected to the internet. One is connected via wifi and the other via ethernet to the router and cable modem.

My computer with wifi has stopped fully being able to load weather.com (The Weather Channel). It doesn't show me the current (Today) weather statistics and the local radar and such show the spinning (waiting to load) symbol I'm familiar with as an Adobe Flash issue.

If I click over to the (interactive) Maps tab, those work OK, as do the Hours, 5 Day and 10 Day tabs.

Here's what I've tried:

1) I've verified that it loads fully on the other computer (ethernet).

2) I've rebooted the computer and tried again.

3) I've rebooted the cable modem and router.

4) I've verified that I'm using the latest Adobe Flash. Yes I realize Flash sucks but some sites I visit haven't upgraded to HTML5 yet.

Any thoughts? Thanks for your time. I have Windows 7 64-bit and use Firefox.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:02 PM

Have you tried deleting temporary files and cookies?

If so, have you tried a different browser? Perhaps a issue with 64-bit FF? No issues here running Chrome and Windows 7. 

Edited by Trikein, 27 August 2016 - 01:03 PM.

#3 ComputerHelp69

ComputerHelp69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:11 PM

Thank you, Trikein!

I deleted the temp files and cookies and restarted Firefox. That did it!

I can't believe I forgot to try this.

Thank you so much for your help!

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:20 PM

No problem. I am curious, do you happen to notice if the page looks different? I noticed in my research that Weatherchannel.com was suppose to stop support of advertisers using flash. See here if interested. Maybe it was trying to still load the old style ads?

#5 ComputerHelp69

ComputerHelp69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:55 PM

The page looks the same to me but I also use AdBlock Plus so I don't see ads. The stuff that wouldn't show up were parts of the weather forecasting.

Thanks again.

#6 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:28 PM

but I also use AdBlock Plus so I don't see ads.

I also use AdBlock so that's why I couldn't tell if the ads had updated to the new format.  :lmao: Reason I mentioned trying a new browser is FF had a bug where it wouldn't delete expired cookies. Weather.com sets their location cookie to expire after a certain time to make sure it is up to date. FYI if you are looking for a easy way to clear cookies and temp files over multiple browsers, check out CCleaner

Glad I was able to help.  :bananas:

Edited by Trikein, 27 August 2016 - 02:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users