Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

Without my knowledge I was switched to Outlook from Hotmail. Never had any problems with Hotmail but Outlook is another story. I try to send an email and it goes on for ages saying sending and that it email not send. To me Microsoft s rapidly going to the pits. Any suggestion here before I turf my Windows laptops in the dump and head to Apple. Thanks for any help here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

Do you mean Outlook the program or Outlook.com the website?

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

Thank you it is my email. When I log in all okay until I try to send an email .Me not the smartest with all this stuff. It has been okay for some time but not today no matter what I try.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:43 PM

I am sorry, but that did not answer my question. Are you talking about the program "Outlook" which is usually a yellow square icon? Or are you opening Internet Explorer (or some other browser) and going to Outlook.com?

Edited by Trikein, 27 August 2016 - 01:43 PM.

#5 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:26 PM

Sorry it is my email program that Microsoft switched me from Hotmail to Outlook email system which I wasn't pleased about. All was okay until today then suddenly the problem occurred. No problem with Gmail  but if I send something to my Outlook Address from Gmail to eg  to Charlie@hotmail com nothing comes in? It only happened today. Thanks for you help

Edited by Beel, 27 August 2016 - 02:28 PM.

#6 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:02 PM

I am not sure how I can better communicate my question. If you are having problems sending email, I need to know what you are using to send that email. There are different ways to access email on a computer. One way is to use a program to download or sync the email from the email provider onto the computer. One of these programs is called Outlook. Another way is to go to the website of the email provider, ie Hotmail.com, using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome, to view the emails instead.

Where it gets kind of complicated is Hotmail was bought by Microsoft and used as their web platform. So now Hotmail.com redirects to login.live.com which is a Microsoft website. See this article for more info on the transfer from Hotmail to Microsoft(Outlook.com). Having problems sending from Outlook the program have different troubleshooting steps then having a problem sending from the website. Which do you use?

#7 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:01 AM

Well all seems okay now. It seems it must have been a problem with Outlook server itself. Others apparently had the same problem when I Googled it. Anyway thanks for your time and help I appreciated it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users