Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Won't Turn On

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ComputersRCool

ComputersRCool

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

Hello,

I have an Acer Extensa 4420. It's a really old computer, but it has been working up until about 2 months ago. I had put it away in storage due to not having a need for it anymore. (It was a bit slow.) Well, I went to turn it on one day, about two months ago, and it simply wouldn't. Now, this pattern does change. (I have the cord hooked to it to ensure that it is not the battery. The charging light comes on.) Sometimes the power button will turn green and then instantly blink back off. More often, though, the power light will turn on, the fans will start whirring, etc., and then it will shut back off. It will then turn back on, as if rebooting itself, and then shut off entirely. During, this process, the screen never turns on. There are times when pushing the power button will not turn the computer on at all.

The screen on the Acer is beaten up. It appears as if there is a nick in a small black cord on the right side of the computer that connects to the screen. I just replaced the screen about a year ago, though. I have also already tried to reseat the ram modules by popping them out and putting them back in. This did nothing. I then tried replacing the CMOS battery. This also caused no change. I did put electrical tape on the nick in the screen cord, but I don't know if that is even helping much at all.

Does anyone have an idea as to what the issue could be? I don't have any on the information on this laptop backed up. I've had it for about 6 years.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users