Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 is really messing my with my computer!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 *Vegeta*

*Vegeta*

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:46 AM

There was an offer to upgrade to Windows 10 about a month or so ago and it was free. After I upgraded, I'm not sure if its my computer or if its windows 10 but everthing slowly started to get very laggy, that includes opening up start menu, any folder, going on the internet, and especially playing games is literally impossible. My biggest issue as of now is when I try to play the same games I've been playing for a while now on windows 10 5-10 minutes, sometimes maybe even 20 mintues, the game starts lagging and the lag gets worse and worse until my screen just completely turns black, but I can kind of hear the game still running but my screen turns black and there's no way of turning it back on or doing anything unless I force shutdown my computer. I can't go back to windows xp because of the fact that it's been over a month which I was not aware of. I've dug myself into a hole just hoping someone can help me out with this issue with the screen turning off and not being able to play any games, and also the lag.

Please and Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 *Vegeta*

*Vegeta*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:48 AM

If there's a way to still go back to windows XP, I wouldn't mind that either becuase I don't think windows 10 is helping or is better. Just looks nicer, but that doesn't really matter to me. Ty!

#3 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 821 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:21 AM

Did you go from WindowsXP to Windows 10? If so, your hardware could be outdated, eg, your ram, processor, hdd, etc. how old is this machine?, did you go from

XP-7-10 or XP-10? 

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#4 *Vegeta*

*Vegeta*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:56 AM

Uhmm I think it was XP 7? - 10, Its about 3-4 years old! My graphics card is about 1-2 years old

#5 *Vegeta*

*Vegeta*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:57 AM

What should I do, anyway to upgrade my hardware n stuff without paying? Or is there a way to back to xp?

#6 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 821 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:01 AM

I see, Under "Device Manager" do you see any exclamation marks inside a yellow triangle?

and in windows 10 to revert back (if within 30 day of install) is under lick the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.” You should see a “Go back to Windows XP /7" option. though i have never tested this on a machine that went from XP-10.

Edited by Viper_Security, 27 August 2016 - 05:02 AM.

hQBT2G3.png

#7 *Vegeta*

*Vegeta*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

So i went to my Device Manager and click all the the little arrows that open up all the tabs and didnt find any yellow traingles. And sadly i've had it fo rover 30 days so I cant do that. :/

#8 *Vegeta*

*Vegeta*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:13 AM

Wait a mintue, I clicked "View" and went to show hidden devices and I see those yellow triangles on the following :

Microsoft Satap Adapter #2

Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter

Microsoft ps/2 mouse

#9 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 821 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:15 AM

What does it say under "Display Adapters" if you see "Basic VGA" or something along those lines, update your video driver.

How much RAM do you have and is your machine 32 or 64 bit?

hQBT2G3.png

#10 *Vegeta*

*Vegeta*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:19 AM

Under Display adapters it shows my nvidia grpahics card, its 64bit and 6gb ram

#11 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 821 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:25 AM

Okay, open command prompt as admin, and type in sfc /scannow and let it run. Check for updates. and hit CRTL+SHIFT+ESC (Task Manager) and go to the "Processes" tab and monitor your disk usage for about 5-10 mins after you run SFC.

Edited by Viper_Security, 27 August 2016 - 05:26 AM.

hQBT2G3.png

#12 Iam1nsan3

Iam1nsan3

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:24 AM

Run a check disk on the drive, use the Command Shell with these commands.

chkdsk c: /f/r/i/c

I am seeing similar problems daily. The errors are from your previous OS that Windows 10 upgraded from. It will slow down more every day until it won't work properly or crashes.

A 1TB disk takes between 4-6 hours to fully scan, if there are many errors it could take 8-10 hours or longer. Running from command shell in Windows 10 does not give you a visual file count view if it will only perform the check on system boot. So I run it from the Recovery Environment in the command shell there, or use the cool 3rd party tool "CheckDiskGUI" get it from the developer here.

(moderator edit: direct download link removed)

Good luck.

*mod edit:

Posting of direct downloads links for any software is NOT permitted from file uploading/downloading hosting sites, personal sites and file sharing sites. This is for the safety of our members since Bleeping Computer has no control of files hosted at such sites. from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250928/instructions-for-posting-advice-in-am-i-infected-forum/ 
  This extends to ALL direct downloads no matter what the source ~ Queen-Evie*

Edited by Queen-Evie, 27 August 2016 - 08:56 AM.

#13 *Vegeta*

*Vegeta*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:12 AM

Im a bit confused, I downloaded that program and clicked the only thing that I was able to click and hit "Fix and recover" and it found errors and restarted my computer. is that what it was supposed to do?

#14 *Vegeta*

*Vegeta*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

I don't know if my issue is supposed to be solved or if we we've just started trying to figure it out, but the same ting happens when I try to play games. This suucks =p

#15 Iam1nsan3

Iam1nsan3

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

It is good that you have found and fixed some errors, but it appears that your problem still exists. So you should now try to do what Viper_Security has suggested. Run System File Checker. It will fix file errors and will hopefully then allow Windows to work like normal for you.

Okay, open command prompt as admin, and type in sfc /scannow and let it run. Check for updates. and hit CRTL+SHIFT+ESC (Task Manager) and go to the "Processes" tab and monitor your disk usage for about 5-10 mins after you run SFC.

A note to Queen-Evie. Sorry, understood and it won't happen again.

Edited by Iam1nsan3, 29 August 2016 - 09:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users