Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kingofbling

kingofbling

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:22 PM

OK, baisically me and a friend of mine have made a video. We want to put it on Youtube. The maximum video size for a video on Youtube is 100mb, ours is 160mb.. Is there anyway to compress or make the file smaller so it will fit on the website? (We made it in iMovie)

Im also not the most technically able person so instruction would be appreciated!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

Have you tried simply zipping it, although I am not sure if you will get that much compression. It also means that in order for people to view it, they will have to download it to their own computer. Is iMovie compatible with things like Windows media player? I don't know anything about it, so just asking.

#3 kingofbling

kingofbling
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:04 AM

Erm, im really not sure, ill try to find out.. Thanks though

#4 kingofbling

kingofbling
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:16 PM

Anyone else got ideas :thumbsup:

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

Have you already encoded it in some form of MPEG4 (divx, xvid)? If not, do that, and resize it down to 320x240.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#6 kingofbling

kingofbling
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:01 AM

Ahhhhhh of course, knew i was missing something :thumbsup: Thanks alot !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users