Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Taboola? What is it?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Omaji

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

Alright, so i just recently factory reset my computer.

I am yet to download many programs, besides Chrome, Anti-Virus Software, and a game player, which i know doesn't carry anything.

When i looked it up, didn't seem like a big deal until i put on "Adblock" and it wouldn't block it until i went into my options and unchecked the "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" option.

I'm simply confused, there is honestly no explanation as to why i would have adware on my laptop after a factory reset. Unless its honestly the worst Adware worm known to man kind.

Before the factory reset, but the only place i see it on so far, is Wikia. maybe its just a ad-host Wikia uses?

I'm just honestly confused, i downloaded AdwCleaner, and it didn't detect anything, so anything helps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,000 posts
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:52 PM

It's possible the programs included with your OEM computer has some kind of connection with Taboola. Oem's come pre-installed with a lot of crapware.

Depending on your OS you can try doing a clean boot and see if you still get these ads. If not start enabling services and startup items until you see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users