Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

data:text/html;base64,PCFET0NU

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 LuAnne123

LuAnne123

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:08 PM

Can anyone help. My Android phone gets stuck or somehow redirected , starts buzzing and a pop-up type thing shows the above referenced in address bar and has facebook in the background stating it is embedded in my phone and asks me to click something.Does anyone know if my phone has a virus? Just got out of the screen and deleted browsing history.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:53 PM

This is just one small part of a web page code, which is taken from some other code. This is a Base64 encoding, which is used for creating web pages, but also elsewhere.  Yours given code meaning is as follows:  PCFET0NU = <!DOCT

How can embed Base64 encoded resource directly into HTML, XML and CSS files?
Listed here are a few examples on how to embed Base64 resources within different web documents.

Here is some examples:
Spoiler

A bit more is here:
Spoiler

Edited by kaljukass, 26 August 2016 - 09:55 PM.

#3 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:04 PM

Do you think my Android phone has a virus? I have avast and malwarebytes. Help

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

Scan your phone.

#5 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:17 PM

Thank you! I have scanned the phone and comes up clean but seems odd this keeps happening.

#6 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:21 PM

Do you think my Android phone has a virus? I have avast and malwarebytes. Help

Nobody do not know. Scan your phone, as was recommended, but my personal opinion is - no, but there is somewhere some sort of malware, that directs you to this page.
If you give me the full code, it is possible to determine, what the page it is. If we know about this page, then we can guess, where you could get the tick and where it may locate. I think, any malware finder cannot find nothing.

#7 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:32 PM

That was all of the code I could get as my phone was buzzing and said to click on something to get rid of virus

#8 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:40 PM

I wonder if chrome is gone bad. Can you uninstall chrome and reinstall?

#9 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:42 PM

That was all of the code I could get as my phone was buzzing and said to click on something to get rid of virus

I would not want to suggest somewhere to press. It may install or activate something more. Try to look over all the places, where your phone may store something and find it suspicious thing. Probably it is not very easy to find. Maybe someone knows some useful tricks.

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:45 PM

Unfortunately you cannot uninstall Chrome on an Android.

It does sound as if there is some type of infection. How to deal with it is out of my league.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 August 2016 - 10:46 PM.

#11 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:52 PM

I appreciate your help though. Thank you.looking through my applications to see any changes. I do notice when I open chrome and it transitions to google, that's when I have the issues.

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:00 PM

You could install and use a different browser to see if the issue persists.

Go to the Play Store and search for browsers for Android.

There are a lot of them so stick with something you know of, such as Firefox.

Opera is another good one.

I use Dolphin as my Android phone browser.

It will present a screen with various things on it such as Zillow and Ebay. You can get rid of them by pressing on them and dragging them to REMOVE at the bottom of your screen.

The other option is a hard reset, which will restore the phone to factory conditions. You would lose all your pictures, customized ring tones if you have any, your contact list-in other words everything if you don't have them backed up someplace.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 August 2016 - 11:04 PM.

#13 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:06 PM

I'm going to download another browser.

#14 HVX

HVX

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:56 PM

I have the same Problem.
Here is the code:
There is a Warnung of Viruses from this site:s3.amazonaws.com
It is the Amazon Cloud.

data:text/html;base64,PCFET0NUWVBFIGh0bWw+PGh0bWw+PGhlYWQ+PG1ldGEgbmFtZT0idmlld3BvcnQiIGNvbnRlbnQ9IndpZHRoPWRldmljZS13aWR0aCwgdXNlci1zY2FsYWJsZT1mYWxzZSwgaW5pdGlhbC1zY2FsZT0xLjAsIG1heGltdW0tc2NhbGU9MS4wIj48L2hlYWQ+PGJvZHk+PGRpdiBpZD0iaWZybSIgc3R5bGU9InBhZGRpbmc6MDsgbWFyZ2luOjA7Ij48aWZyYW1lIHNyYz0iaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL25vdGlmaWNhdGlvbmNlbnRlci9pbnRsL2FzL3YvMS83NzUwNTEyYTZlMDM3NmJlZWZlNzhhODdkN2EyOGI0Ny5odG1sP2NpdHk9R3JheiZsYW5nPWRlIiBzdHlsZT0idG9wOjA7IGxlZnQ6MDsgd2lkdGg6MTAwJTsgaGVpZ2h0OjEwMCU7IHBvc2l0aW9uOiBhYnNvbHV0ZTsgYm9yZGVyOjAiIHNjcm9sbGluZz0ieWVzIiBhbGxvd0Z1bGxTY3JlZW49InllcyI+PC9pZnJhbWU+PC9kaXY+PC9ib2R5PjwvaHRtbD4=

#15 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

Right! Does your phone start vibrating? I never push anything just close out browser but they keep trying. How to get rid of this pest!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users