Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Satellite P205-S6337 No Display

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Victoly

Victoly

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:59 PM

Let's start with System Specs first...

Toshiba Satellite P205-S6337 (Cnet link to the system Specifications)

I first started working on this thing because it didn't power on. Turns out the AC jack's bracket was damaged; fixed that by gluing it in place. The laptop powers up and charges now, but I don't get any image or light-up on the screen. Figured it was the LCD video cable, which I've replaced. Still no dice.
I've also tried plugging in an external monitor and that didn't yield results either. I can take and post some images of the mobo soon if that would help out. I'm somewhat at a loss here, and my friend who I'm fixing it for is getting antsy about it. They weren't able to tell me if the screen powered on before.

P.S. - If I'm missing some formatting, I apologize. I quickly read the post on making sure to include system specifications before posting your issue. This is my first post, so I'm sure I've made mistakes. Thanks for addressing me anyway!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

Hello Welcome to Bleeping!

This sounds stupid but make sure it has RAM, an HDD, AND a CMOS battery in it. 

As for the machine not showing results even on an external monitor, it sounds like it could be the GPU got unseated from the board.

Also hold a flashlight up to it when you hit the power button, if you can faintly see the machine booting up most likely the back-light has gone out and if not it's most likely the GPU.

Test each ram stick in each slot (1x1).

Edited by Viper_Security, 26 August 2016 - 05:24 PM.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#3 Victoly

Victoly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:55 PM

I'll get to it tomorrow and reply with the results. Thanks for the prompt reply!

#4 Victoly

Victoly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:41 PM

Alright, so I've reseated the RAM and checked the HDD and its health and all that. Figured I'd boot it up to see if it would show me the goods before I decided to open it up and double-triple check the CMOS battery. 

..and it seems that reseating the RAM did it! So odd... heh. But I'm happy! It's always the silly little things you wouldn't expect to fix it that do it, right? Heh.. heh.

Thanks a ton for the quick reply and the great help!

#5 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

No Problem. and yes sometimes it is the smallest problem :)

GoodLuck!

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users