Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Arctic Freezer Xtreme compared to Scythe Ninja 3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 antoniu200

antoniu200

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:44 PM

Hi! I know I haven't really been posting important threads in the last few weeks, but this is an important one. And I need to make the decision fast.

I found, for very similar prices, the coolers listed above. I have a heap of information about the Scythe Ninja 3 about cooling the Xeon X5650, but no information on the Arctic Freezer Xtreme, which looks pretty good and is very silent.

So, which one would cool better a Xeon X5650 and, of course, which will be able to overclock it further?

P.S.: Please don't tell me about coolers like NH-D14. I know they exist, but I can't spend that much money on a piece of metal with something that spins fast sticked to it.

Edited by hamluis, 26 August 2016 - 07:08 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:54 PM

I think the scythe may cool better slightly. It is more expensive. Personally I like the be quiet! Dark rock 3. It might be a bit more expensive, but it is quiet and cools well.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 antoniu200

antoniu200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:40 AM

I know that the "Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3" cools well, I wanted to buy it, but that is over my cooler's budget, which is $45.

#4 antoniu200

antoniu200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:52 AM

Oh, and by "slightly" what do you mean in terms of degrees celsius?

#5 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:17 PM

I have no way of knowing, there are too many variables(ambient temperature, amount and type of thermal paste, fans, ventilation, system load) maybe you should read some consumer reviews.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 antoniu200

antoniu200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:15 PM

I know I should, but they are generally related to Phenom X4s, on the Arctic Freezer Xtreme, and on the Scythe Ninja, they are about i7 4790Ks, i5 4670Ks and modern processors. I could have solved the problem by just reading reviews, but I couldn't do that because of the reason above, that's why I posted a thread. I know, my last threads have kinda been solved by me, but I don't think it'll be the same on this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users