Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possibly infected usb devices ?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

so a few hours ago one of my moms friends came and she (her friend) wanted to download some songs on her phone so she brought two USB devices i picked one to put the songs to and there where alot of songs already on it and i deleted them all because she told me to but when i had plugged the device and opened its contents with windows explorer i had seen a bunch of .exe and a few .scr files with the exes having the default icon and transperant (i think)(meaning they were hidden but i had turned on the ability to view hidden files and folders so i could see them)i got worried since i was basically complaining that the usbs may be infected and then before i deleted the songs there was only the single folder that had all the music on it called house was there (it probably meant the genre but i didnt listen to any of the songs and i can barely recognise music genres anyway) i had scanned the drive with malwarebytes and it found nothing so i deleted the folder but i kept getting a message that every image on the folder and desktop.ini files (desktop.ini files pop up everywhere if you turn on the ability to view hidden files and are generally safe) where system files (wat) i ignore that and then the folder was still there because of the images and .ini files on some of the subfolders i deleted them all and used an online youtube to mp3 converter (the site is safe but i dont know if it is still so if you dont have an adblocker) and moved the new songs on the usb then i tried safely extracting the usb through the notification tray but it said something was still using it so i just plugged off the usb (i still have them both tho) did any of the weird things (image and desktop.inis being system files and something using the usb still) have to do with some kind of malware ?

Twitter

Discord:inkoalawetrust#9783

Website

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users