Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Still Freezes (Passed Memtest and IntelProcessorDiagnostic, Disk Check, New GPU,

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeadlyLemming

DeadlyLemming

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:36 AM

CPU: i7 2600k (base clock)
GPU(new): EVGA 1070 FTW (base clock)
GPU(old): EVGA 560 SC 2GB (base/underclocked)
MOBO: Asus P8P67LE
PSU: TR2 RX 850W
RAM: Corsair DDR3 1600 4x4GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB (WDC WD1002FAEX-00z3A0)
SSD: Intel 40GB SSD (SSDSA2CT040G3)

PC freezes mostly while running games with dramatically increasing frequency as I turn up the graphic settings, but has frozen with only chrome and discord running. It is a hard freeze with an automatic shutdown after ~5 minutes. It has been an issue for over a year but the frequency has gone from once in a blue moon to I cant play a full game of R6:Siege on Maximum settings without crashing. Cleaning dust seemed to reduce the problem in the past but there is not anything more I can seem to clean now which leads me to believe it is a hardware related issue.

I have replaced the GPU, changed from having W7 Pro installed on HDD to having a new W10 Pro on a less new SSD. I have also tried with only the SSD connected and it still froze. Just about everything in here but the new GPU, SSD and a couple sticks of RAM is from late 2011 but I have just dusted it as much as I could while putting everything in a brand new case (V71). Airflow seems good (6 case fans is nice) and I replaced the factory CPU heatsink with a Corsair H80i v2. Replaced my GPU with a 1070 but that seems to have made things worse, I assume mostly because I'm able to play above the absolute minimum now.

As stated in the title it ran through a dozen Memtest passes, IntelProcessorDiagnostic gave no errors, disk check fixed the 1 error if found in the HDD, nothing within 15 minutes of any time it has frozen until I actually start it back up in the event log and there is no BSOD. Could this be my motherboard? I'm sure what/how to check what could be the problem and I'd like to know before I replace a perfectly fine Mobo/PSU/CPU and find out that didn't fix it.

Edited by DeadlyLemming, 26 August 2016 - 07:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeadlyLemming

DeadlyLemming
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:32 AM

Edit: Just ran WhoCrashed and got reports from 4 crashes, but I have had way more.

On Thu 8/25/2016 6:50:00 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082416-38468-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0xA08DC) 
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x1, 0x1E9CE, 0x1E9DC, 0xFFFFDA073B85B010)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_72b89f8d71abda5d\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 372.54 
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 372.54 
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 372.54 , NVIDIA Corporation). 
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

On Thu 8/25/2016 4:21:50 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082416-34203-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x34AE) 
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x1, 0x9EB, 0x9FB, 0xFFFFCD0381937010)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

On Thu 8/25/2016 4:18:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082416-35312-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0xA08DC) 
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x1, 0xAE95, 0xAEB0, 0xFFFF990AD1788010)
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_72b89f8d71abda5d\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 372.54 
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 372.54 
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 372.54 , NVIDIA Corporation). 
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

On Thu 8/25/2016 4:10:13 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082416-47250-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x34AE) 
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x1, 0x34C4EA, 0x34C4FE, 0xFFFFE787E0CE6010)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Watchdog Driver
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

Honestly not sure what to do with this information myself.

Edited by DeadlyLemming, 26 August 2016 - 08:33 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:01 AM

Please follow the directions at How to receive help diagnosing Blue Screens and Windows crashes - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic176011.html .

Topic moved to Crashes/BSODs Forum.

Louis

#4 DeadlyLemming

DeadlyLemming
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:58 AM

Please follow the directions at How to receive help diagnosing Blue Screens and Windows crashes - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic176011.html .

Topic moved to Crashes/BSODs Forum.

Louis

Thanks, wasn't exactly sure where to post this. And about the crashes I do not seem to have a MEMORY.DMP and the Minidump folder has nothing from today's dozen+ freezes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users