Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I still can't send print jobs to the printer in the other room

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rumpled103

rumpled103

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:44 AM

Ok, so I have an Acer Aspire M3400 with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit. I just reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium on a new 2TB Hard Drive, and I was able to activate it via the internet with my COA 25 character product key. All of my services that were previously not working are now working. But I still have a problem. If I try to print something from this computer and send it to the printer in another room, it doesn't show up on the printer's print job in that room. But it shows up on my computer's print job. So why is it not sending the print job to that printer? It works vice versa though. The printer I'm trying to print to is a Lexmark 3600-4600 series.

Another thing, if I go to Control Panel > Net and Internet > Network Map, it'll say "Windows cannot create the network map. Responses from other devices on the network are delayed or there is an incompatible router on the network." And this happens on both computers. I don't know if that's related or not. But I have an AT&T 4111n modem.

Edited by rumpled103, 26 August 2016 - 02:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:33 AM

It is because You have Windows 7 Home Premium, but not Professional or Ultimate.
Simply Home Premium Doesn't have this function by default available, but You can set it up.
See these two tutorials and I hope these may help You to set it up.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/network-share-not-working-through-windows-7-home/cc7adcd8-5380-4a48-89ed-bde1125c5f2f?auth=1
https://eureka.ykyuen.info/2009/09/04/windows-7-cannot-connect-to-newtork-drive/

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:18 PM

How is the printer set up? It is setup to use WiFi? Or do you have it attached to the second computer using the USB and then sharing the computer across the network using the printer sharing feature built into Windows?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users