Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Errors when trying to log in or access log in pages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Windbrand1

Windbrand1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:19 PM

I'm having a very weird problem, I don't really know what's the issue but I do know the symptoms:

- I'm unable to log into a few MMO websites, such as forums and support portals (but I can actually log into the game through launcher). Any attempt to log in will result in either "page not found", some kind of error message (like "something went wrong"), "page timed out", or "too many redirects"

- I'm also unable to access the login page on some MMO sites, Google Chrome simply gives "this site can't be reached. XX.com took too long to respond"

- Trying the ping the sites in CMD will give "request timed out", with 100% packet loss

There is nothing wrong with these websites nor are they under maintenance, because my friends are able to access them. Same error across all browsers/devices. I'm able to access them if I switch to cellular data, which indicates something wrong with my network connection.

Anyone know what might be wrong with my connection? I've already tried setting TCP/IP v4 DNS server address to "8/8/8/8" and "8/8/4/4" but didn't work. DNS flush didn't work either, nor did setting MTU to 1480 instead of 1500.

Edit: I'm on wifi.

Edited by Windbrand1, 25 August 2016 - 08:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:32 PM

What browser are you using? Have you tried Chrome? My guess is a problem with SSL. Check to make sure your OS is up to date and that your system clock is correct.

#3 Windbrand1

Windbrand1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

It happens on all browsers even mobile. System clock is correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users