Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any One know about Pastebin? Need some advice

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 DragonBow

DragonBow

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

Good Day

I was searching On my free time  about Tweaking and mastering windows 10

and I ran into this  Link  I look at it  and there is a Lot Of info that I am not sure about

Can some one please look at this and tell me does it look good ?  can i use it ?

http://pastebin.com/m26z309a

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:26 AM

never mind. I re-read the post and looked at the linked to pastebin again.
Answer I provided totally irrelevant.

What exactly do you want to use it for?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 August 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#3 DragonBow

DragonBow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:36 AM

never mind. I re-read the post and looked at the linked to pastebin again.
Answer I provided totally irrelevant.

What exactly do you want to use it for?

Its a Batch file  I would Like to download it and run it  IF it is true what it says  Tweaking windows 10

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

I honestly wouldn't run any of these "Tweaking" batch scripts because they do so many modifications to your system that on some of them it might end up crashing it, or removing/disabling features you want to use/need in the future. Right off the bat, I can tell you that it's disabling Windows Defender and you don't want that at all if you don't have another Antivirus installed and even if you do, Windows Defender will be disabled as it'll leave the protection to that Antivirus.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 DragonBow

DragonBow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

I honestly wouldn't run any of these "Tweaking" batch scripts because they do so many modifications to your system that on some of them it might end up crashing it, or removing/disabling features you want to use/need in the future. Right off the bat, I can tell you that it's disabling Windows Defender and you don't want that at all if you don't have another Antivirus installed and even if you do, Windows Defender will be disabled as it'll leave the protection to that Antivirus.

Thanks  agree with you but I was going to edit some of them

But again I am Like you being skeptical 

Thats why i was hoping some one who knows more about the matter :)

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

Line 82:
rem Help - www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182397/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do-how-do-i-get-help-who-is-helping-me

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 August 2016 - 09:55 AM.

#7 DragonBow

DragonBow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:57 AM

Line 82:

rem Help - www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182397/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do-how-do-i-get-help-who-is-helping-me

What does that mean ?

Sorry newbee here  :)

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,672 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

This Tweaking script is referring BleepingComputer as a place of choice to receive assistance when you are infected with malware. That's what I understand from that line.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 DragonBow

DragonBow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

This Tweaking script is referring BleepingComputer as a place of choice to receive assistance when you are infected with malware. That's what I understand from that line.

So its good ? or bad  Because I also was looking at the rem command on google and it says  rem is to remove  correct me if im wrong

#10 DragonBow

DragonBow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

It Looks Like its to much headache 

I wont use it

Beside i just found here on our site   many  windows 10 tips  more then i can handle

many thanks guys  for helping out

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,672 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

No problem DragonBow, you're welcome :)

And my guess is that the use the "rem" word on lines that contains text (comments) so you can remove them when copy/pasting the script in a file to run it as a .bat script.

unite_blue.png

#12 DragonBow

DragonBow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:23 AM

No problem DragonBow, you're welcome :)

And my guess is that the use the "rem" word on lines that contains text (comments) so you can remove them when copy/pasting the script in a file to run it as a .bat script.

"rem" word on lines that contains text (comments) so you can remove them when copy/pasting the script in a file to run it as a .bat script.   /////  Oh Ok this I did not know

many thanks

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,672 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:29 AM

No problem :)

unite_blue.png

#14 DragonBow

DragonBow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:45 AM

Curiosity Killed the Cat  :)

So I just had to do it and run the Batch File

Non of you saw this

Spoiler

This is the problem

It made the network icon disappear   plus it messed around with the DNS   and No more internet connection

Dnot now why he would do that  but something did not work right

and that sucked

But now we both Know ,   it did some damage on my other PC ,  but i will take it as learning process

cheers

#15 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,672 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

Actually this only affects the WER service, so I don't know why it would mess up with your network settings.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users