Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating a security system using IP cameras

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BikerJoe

BikerJoe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:10 AM

Hello,

If this is in the wrong place can I am sorry I didn't know where to put it can admin move it to the relevant forum please, thanks.

Anyhow I have some IP cameras from wanscam (only 3 at the moment but I want to add more) and I want to create a security camera system

Has anyone ever done this? I know it can be done because they have supplied software with the cameras, I tried to speak to them using a direct web chat thingy o their webpage but I got no reply :mellow:

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:21 AM

From all the tech support questions dealing with wanscam's I would not consider them good equipment.

That aside it comes down to the NVR the cameras connect to for monitoring/recording. 

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

Do you just want to view the camera's from 1 PC and not record? If so, will that PC be on the same network as the cameras or different?

Last, what model cameras do you have? What software did it include?

Edited by Trikein, 27 August 2016 - 12:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users