Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible bandwidth eating malware?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 ElectricAvenue

ElectricAvenue

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:46 PM

Lately I have been experiencing problems with my Internet while playing online games. Where I usually get 60< ping. Although recently it's liked to spike up to 500+ ping even reaching into the thousand+. So I was wondering if this would just be a cause of not enough bandwidth for the multiple people in my house or if malware is the culprit.(while I game I tend to have about two more people just surfing the Web as well.)

I have 15mbps down/2 mbps up

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:10 AM

Hi ElectricAvenue & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I would be helping you with your computer problems. Right now, I am a trainee at the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall.
I am Pranav and now that we are friends, I would like to call you by your first name if that is fine with you :hug:

All of my proposed fixes and suggestions must be approved by a fully-qualified Malware Removal Instructor. This will delay response times somewhat, but I will endeavor to respond within a reasonable time, normally 48 hours after your last post.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

I will need some time to review your FRST logs and consult with the Malware Response Instructor (MRI) who will be assigned to supervise this topic. That could take a few days. Once I have reviewed my proposed response with the assigned MRI, I will reply to you with initial instructions.

While you wait for further instructions, kindly do not run any additional tools other than asked as that might complicate the process of fixing your computer and cause delays.

Till the time being, I would suggest you not to login on any websites on this computer. If possible, please change the passwords using a known PC which is clean.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#3 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

Hi ElectricAvenue ^_^,

It has been 3 days since my last post. Are you still with me?

-Pranav

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#4 ElectricAvenue

ElectricAvenue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

Hey. Sorry I was gone for a family vacation at the time. And the problem fixed it's self as well. We had figured out that it was just a problem with my isp. So we switched and it's all better now. Thanks though. My name is Bradley btw

#5 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:57 AM

Hey. Sorry I was gone for a family vacation at the time. And the problem fixed it's self as well. We had figured out that it was just a problem with my isp. So we switched and it's all better now. Thanks though. My name is Bradley btw

Hi Bradley ^_^,

Thanks for letting us know that the problem has been fixed. In case of any further problems, please feel free to open a new thread :)
This thread would now be closed by my instructor :)

Have a nice day ^_^

Regards,
Pranav

#6 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:54 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users