Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer pop-ups any time I start up the computer?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 allenwalker

allenwalker

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Recently I've been getting these odd Internet Explorer pop-ups when I start/restart my computer. There are usually three windows with random ads in them, like the ones stating I should update my Flash urgently or ones with odd videos. I don't know why this is happening and all I've been doing them is just closing them as soon as they pop up. 

I'm currently running Windows 8.1. 

I've run a threat scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but it didn't change anything. I restarted after I run the scan but the pop-ups still appear. I also ran a system scan with BitDefender Total Security 2016 but they still showed up. Any help would be truly appreciated! Thank you. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:40 AM

Try doing a run with JRT http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/search/?keyword=JRT

Remove found adware and Reboot.

Also use CCleaner to clear out Temps etc http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/ccleaner/

Only Run the Cleaner Function and Reboot.

If issue still persists you will need to Post in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Someone will assist you in direction to posting some Logs and identifying the issue.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:29 PM

Most likely you are infected.

Remove Unknown and unwanted Add ons in IE...
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users