Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I switched computers and now the original won't work.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GRiMM_

GRiMM_

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:36 PM

Please help me. My new computer was put in a different room and switched it with another. This current PC that used to work doesn't. It is an optiplex 745 PC with 4 gigs of RAM and windows seven with the other base specs. Now when I boot up the PC it doesn't let me pick which operating system I want. Then it goes to a black screen with a blinking white bar at he top corner. I feel stupid for not knowing what's wrong because I'm really good with computers.
Please help me I have important files in this computer that needs to go on the new one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:09 AM

The blinking white line is likely the BIOS trying to read the operating system. See if you can plug the HDD into another computer to get your files.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 GRiMM_

GRiMM_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

It actually didn't work. All it loaded on he separate computer was just he Asus screen then stood there. Anything else?

Edited by GRiMM_, 25 August 2016 - 08:12 PM.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:21 AM

Sounds like an MBR issue. Check out this tutorial.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:47 AM

You have to put it in  the other computer as a secondary, the computer will boot off its drive allowing you to get at the files on your drive.  Caveat!  If you drive is infected good chance you will infect the other computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users