Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All Plugged, New Power, Power Doesnt Start......

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pet

pet

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:23 AM

Hi!

Here is my computer specs:-

- 1.5 Ghz
- 256 Mb ram
- 20 GB harddrive
- Radeon 9500 SE(or somet like that).
- Windows XP.
- Compaq.
- Desktop P.C.
- Pentium 4.

Problem then?

- Recently my power supply died, everytime i would turn my computer on the Electricity would cut out.
- I bought 2 new power supplies 1 from a Amd Athlon and 1 specifically for a compaq.

My problem is:-

- I open the computer everything is plugged up, all of the power bits light up on the Motherboard.
- But when i press the power button my computer doesn't start?

I triple checked every connection bit so its all plugged in properly, so is everything at the back. There is some little light bulbs which turn green when i connect my power supply. But the power button when i press it the computer doesn't start up.

I would greatly appreciate some help as i don't want to pay lots of $s at a computer shop :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance.

Pet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 esdog

esdog

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:09 PM

This could indicate a problem with your motherboard. Try taking your ram out and then starting up your pc it should make some beeping noises to let you know you have no ram. If it does'nt this is usually a good indicator of a failing board.
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, on others I let her sleep in.

#3 pet

pet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:26 AM

i did notice that my internal speaker wire isn't connected and can't be reconnected, but would this really be the reason in why my computer won't start?

It gives power to the AuX, power to my CD-rom& hard drive. But when i press the power button the computer doesn't start up. Putting the ram in and out makes no difference whatsoever as does connecting any wire in conjunction with the power cable.

Help plz :thumbsup:

#4 esdog

esdog

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:15 AM

I had the same problem and it turned out to be the motherboard which is why i suggested the test above. Cant suggest anything else.

Good luck.
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, on others I let her sleep in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users