Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant -- needed?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnsig

johnsig

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:29 PM

I've had Windows 10 for some time, and have the anniversary update.

So why is this on my desktop?   Control Panel>Programs indicates it was installed today??

I have update in my settings so what is this?

I searched but I only found a bunch of folks are stuck at 99%, I'm not.

The urge to uninstall is addictive.  Advice would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

If you clicked Upgrade Now when trying to download Media Creation Tool, it will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant instead. It "installs" itself and then tries to upgrade the system. Now that you have already upgraded to Windows 10, you can uninstall it :)

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users