Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Did anybody ever have this on their computer ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

Note:This was happening on an old netbook of ours which we nearly had replaced all the hardware of (basically making it a different computer) before its charger died and it couldnt work from how much i was torturing it back then.And also i forgot most of what happened.

Did anyone ever see a program called facebook.exe (i think that was its name either way i never had any memory of downloading it) that had a red diamond as an icon (i think) on their computer because once there was such a program on our old netbook when i pressed it it didnt do anything i wasnt sure what it was so i kept it then i scanned it with the file uploader program of virustotal and it found nothing i scanned it with Kingsoft Antivirus (i useless chinese or whatever program that does nothing which or local it guy installed probably because he knew we would mess up the computer and we would come to him for help)and it found nothing too and then one day a popup from Kingsoft showed up saying there is something trying to access the netbooks' webcam which i blocked and then tried to find something to put on the front of the camera to block it other than that it didnt do anything and i think i just literally threw it in the recle bin it it was deleted(My memory isnt as good so i dont remember anything exactly as it happened)

I wasnt sure where to post this)

Edited by inkoalawetrust, 24 August 2016 - 05:57 PM.

Twitter

Discord:inkoalawetrust#9783

Website

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:44 AM

You need to get rid of Kingsoft using Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

Once Kingsoft is gone do this:

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
  • If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
  • When MBAM is finished scanning it will display a screen that displays any malware that it has detected.
  • Click the Remove Selected button.
  • MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.

POST THE LOG FOR  REVIEW.

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:30 AM

You need to get rid of Kingsoft using Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

Once Kingsoft is gone do this:

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
  • If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
  • When MBAM is finished scanning it will display a screen that displays any malware that it has detected.
  • Click the Remove Selected button.
  • MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.

POST THE LOG FOR  REVIEW.

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

Note:This was happening on an old netbook of ours which we nearly had replaced all the hardware of (basically making it a different computer) before its charger died and it couldnt work from how much i was torturing it back then.

Edited by inkoalawetrust, 25 August 2016 - 06:39 AM.

Twitter

Website

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,204 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:10 AM

You don't need to copy what I posted. So, what is the point of repeating what you already said? Are you telling me that the netbook

no longer boots into whatever Windows OS it has or what?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:25 AM

You don't need to copy what I posted. So, what is the point of repeating what you already said? Are you telling me that the netbook

no longer boots into whatever Windows OS it has or what?

It cant charge so its basically broken even if it wasnt it would still be slow

Twitter

Website

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,204 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:33 AM

Okay....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users