Ok, now I've just about had it with this bleep life and all it's bullbleep, I am literally on the brink...
So the last, in a very long line of "this life sucks and nothing good can ever happen in it" things, is that me and a friend of mine decided we wanna play some online games and use VOIP(probably through skype).
So we fixed up his pc(his motherboard fried), we bought a new motherboard, some more ram, went to a provider and got him internet(and these things took some doing as we are both piss poor), etc. but no matter what I did I couldn't get the freaking microphone to work!!!!....
So here's what we got:
- windows 7 x64(ultimate edition I think);
- windows fully updated(apart from a few updates that failed to install, most having to do with net framework 4.5, still working on those);
- new motherboard is a Asus M4A78-EM(realtek onboard sound cad)
- latest win 7 64 drivers for the motherboard(audio included) from the asus website;
- no problems in device manager, no exclamation point, no question mark, no yellow, nothing;
- tried every possible combination of settings from the realtek sound manager and from windows sound panel;
- tried 2 pairs of headphones with microphone, extremely low chance that both have broken mics(they both behave exactly the same);
- tried the mic jacks both in the front panel of the case and in the back straight into the sound card, nothing. (if I insert the headphone jacks those work, just not the mics);
- literally went through about a dozen google search pages, tried several search phrases, read dozens of forums/posts, etc.;
- in the bleep end spent more money(that we do not have!) and bought a new Logilink usb sound card model UA0053. Nothing, behaves exactly the same as the onboard one.
Results: No matter what I do there are only 2 main results(depending on how I mess with the sample rate, bit depth, noise suppression and volume settings): eighter no sound at all when you speak in the mic, or just an annoying/constant buzzing sound. Once I managed to get rid of the buzzing and reduce the sound to a couple of crackles and pops(maybe from his speaking into it?) but nothing that would even closely resemble a human voice.
I'm really hoping someone can help me get the damn mics to work?!?!(preferably on the onboard sound card so I can return the other one and get our money back)
So please, tell me what the hell else can I do?! Cause I am right there man, right on the bleep edge of the cliff, this life just needs to push me one more time....