Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU Crashing in any game at stock clock

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Miker2808

Miker2808

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:01 PM

I have factory overclocked GPU, Radeon RX 460 2GB GDDR5 from sapphire.

I've tried anything possible up to full windows format, changing bios option and reseting them, and unpluging the GPU.

I tried to benchmark the game is crashing after few seconds once the game is loaded, ETS2 for example. the current clock is 1209mhz

and monitoring the GPU using HWiNFO, the temps didn't get above 50degrees, wattage didn't really get high, fan didn't really increase, voltage didn't change (0.580V)

also, I'm experiencing screen flickering at boot and sometimes in safemode with the GPU, but the boot isn't flickering when using just the integrated graphics.

When I downclocked my GPU to 998mhz nothing crashed, and it fixed everything, now I'm not sure if this is faulty GPU or any other problem. I tried using the drivers given with the GPU and the latest drivers too.

my specifications:

CPU: Core2quad q8400 2.66ghz

ram 4gb DDR2 Dual Channel 333mhz (5-5-5-15)

MB: P5KPL-AM asus

GPU: Radeon RX 460 2gb GDDR2

PSU: Zalman ZM450-GS

HDD: 232GB Western Digital WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 ATA Device (SATA)

it seems like the more graphic intensive the game the earlier the game is crashing, and sometimes it might get to BSOD,

"driver irql not less or equal"

"atikmdag.sys"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users