Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need To Update My Drivers I Have Nvidia 6100

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mcgann

mcgann

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

i need to update my drivers because my games are going so slow now and i know i hva eto go to nvidia.com but i dont understand can anyone help please heres my info : 1.61 Ghz 384 of MB and RAM heres the rest

NVIDIA GeForce 6100

Processor : AMD Sempromô Processor 2800+

Operating system : Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Direct Version : DirectX 9.0 or better
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Graphics Card Information ;

Processor : GeForce 6100

Video BIOS version : 5.51.22.28.10

IRQ : 18

Bus : Intergated

Memory : 128 MB

ForceWare Version : 81.85

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:14 PM

I think this is the most recent driver for your system:

Nvidia Forceware

I just went to "Download Drivers" in the upper left, chose "Graphics Driver" , then "GeForce and TnT2", then the operating system you gave above.

The driver listed above was released June 23rd, 2006, so it's not THAT recent, but the most recent one on their official site. Try that and see if your games get better.

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 17 August 2006 - 03:31 PM.

#3 mcgann

mcgann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

ok thanks for that mate im gonna buy a new graphics card for my pc any ideas on what i should buy i mainly play sports games (football) mainly Pro Evolution Soccer 5 and i want to get a graphics card what should i buy?

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:49 PM

its usually wise to check for updates for everything. You never know if later you might have a compatibility issue with something later on that a recent patch might fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users