Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unsecure cause for shutdowns - part2

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Barnack

Barnack

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

Hi again, my problems are still unresolved. I really would like to finally find out what the hell is wrong with my computer and fix it.

I tryed using memtest86. Computer shuts down randomly between part 3 and part 4. Ram is damged? Ram is incompatible for some reason? CPU is overheating (with water cooling? I really hope not so)?

I tryed using hard disk manufacturer's tool to check if it was fine (western Technologies 500gb) in the dos version (uses freedos). It tells "no drive detected". Hurray. Maybe there are problems with sata and freedos?

Starting the hard drive sometimes i recive a message "Can't read from the disk". Then randomly it just starts and works fine.

Ram? Hard Disk? Motherboard? I really don't understand. Sometimes it works for even 12 hours, sometimes it just shuts down. Win10, Win7, WinXP, MSDOS6.22, freedos with memtest...whatever, it isn't a software problem.

If it successfully starts i can even play Warthunder the Whole day without getting temperature over 65 degrees. I installed 10 gb of things, no problem. WIth the next format, reinstalling the same 10 gb of things,  i got a random shutdown.

Plus in Win10 there are more issues... i think i've more than one problem there. Doing things randomly, and suddenly a "Microsoft Windows has stopped working. And all i can do is force shutdown.

What the hell is going on? I'm desperate. And while i write my phone decided to randomly restart as well, i find this highly hironic

(ram is 2*4gb Gskill Trident X)

for part 1: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618869/unsecure-cause-for-shutdowns/

Edited by Barnack, 24 August 2016 - 11:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:51 AM

If memtest crashed it is safe to say your ram is faulty. Try one stick at a time.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Barnack

Barnack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:22 AM

Both sticks caused shutdown during ram test. Still when i'm able to use the computer i usually reach 70-75% of ram usage without shutdowns. If you can still tell that it's ram then i'll buy 2 new sticks...

#4 Ramsarode

Ramsarode

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:07 AM

Your ram is faulty.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:24 AM

Seems to me...that one or more of the RAM slots could also be at fault,,,depending on just what steps were taken when testing the RAM.  I would not assume that the slots are not the cause without testing in a methodical manner such as suggested at Memtest86+ Guide-How To's - Overclockers Forums - http://www.overclockers.com/forums./showthread.php?t=409152 .

Louis

#6 Barnack

Barnack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

I've done all possible tests with memtest. Computer still shuts down while doing the test. I've changed ram and used other parts instead of my ones. It still shuts down. Well ehm... iit shouldn't be the ram then.

May it be power? Still i don't understand why most of times it correctly works even while doing heavy tasks without shutting down.

My power infos are 600W, 230V, 50Hz, producer is "Power"

#7 Barnack

Barnack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:50 AM

Update:

The window 10 troubles were solved. For some reason modifying imageres.dll messed everything up, giving strange kernel or boot errors (what's the link between imageres and boot sequence is still unknown). Also i've heared of many people modifying imageres without negative conseguences...

Still persists the problem about computer shutting down randomly (but less frequently) and shutting down while performing both memtest (with each one ram block, new or old) and hard disk test

#8 Barnack

Barnack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:25 AM

Update, apparently imageres.dll had nothing to do with the problems, it was just a random coincidence. I'm sitting here with my computer sometimes just giving blue screen at random while doing different stuff (with mostly "critical process died" error). After that, for some subsequent reboots i get a dos-like screen saying "hard drive error occurred". And then after some reboots it just runs regularly.

After a routine defrag, playing a certain game started giving me the blue screen -> startup problem every time i executed it after 3-4 minutes. Every time. I uninstalled it, and while re-downloading it that error occurred again. It makes a problem about some sections of the hard drive being unusable for any reason? But that wouldn't explain why when defrag moved game's clusters it didn't give error. 

I renounced checking ram problems, it's impossible two totally new ram banks have the same problem as old ones, even though memtest keeps causing shutdowns. Evidently there must be more than one prolem... Or is just the motherboard having something major?

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

I would say that...if you followed the procedures outlined in the link that I previously provided...the Finger Of Fate points to your motherboard.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users