Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

want to delete Intel folder contents - safe?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soji88

soji88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:13 AM

Inside an Intel folder is a folder called 'analyze'. it is 27 gb large

ProgramData\Intel\SUR\WILLAMETTE\inteldata\analyze

it consists of files approximately 300kb to 12 mb large. the first file was created 12/30/15 to present here is screenshot of some files:

from_INTEL_directory_analyze_folder.jpg

is it safe to delete this folder(s)?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:21 AM

See the reply by luis here. Did you install the Intel Driver Update Utility?

I found the same folder when I was doing cleaning task. This folder was created when I installed "Intel Driver Update Utility", even found a programed task with the same name and folder reference.

I uninstall "Intel Driver Update Uitilty" and the folder and task disappear... so I can finally conclude that they where folders and programs for the Intel's Utility Driver Update program

#3 soji88

soji88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

thanx for response, so after you uninstalled, did it effect your pc to any degree. pc was still functioning normally?

tag

Edited by soji88, 24 August 2016 - 10:12 AM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

I don't use it but it's just a driver update utiliity. It should not affect your computer by uninstalling it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users