Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sd.steam.info virus [NEED HELP FAST]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ahams

Ahams

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:04 AM

So somehow i got infected by this malware/virus, and i dont know what to do. It has been corrupting me everytime i start my pc. It starts up my default browser and then redirects me to sd.steam.info. Luckily i have NOD32 antivirus which stops the redirect to another site which i believe is called zodiac-game.info.

I have tried everything from spyhunter and reghunter to adwcleaner, and wise registry cleaner. They all removed errors and files, but everytime i restarted the computer, the same thing happened. Automatically opens chrome on startup > goes to sd.steam.info > gets blocked by NOD32 antivirus.

Please help me, also ive noticed it is a recent and (maybe) new virus, that is also happening to other users in here :(

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ahams

Ahams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:40 AM

NOD32 filed this log today too, maybe you could use this for something?

EDIT: maybe this was just a program that i had earlier downloaded and then removed, im not too sure :/

Attached Files

Edited by Ahams, 24 August 2016 - 08:45 AM.

#3 Ahams

Ahams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:42 AM

I FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION GUYS! After hours and hours of researching, looking at other posts, and trying numerous anti-virus programs i finally found which one that actually worked. Guys its MALWAREBYTES <3 Malwarebytes only ran one single scan and it found what no other program could find, the actual virus that was causing the "sd.steam.info" redirect page. I can almost guarantee you all that it will also work for you. Try it out right now! Just follow this guys link to malwarebytes, and it should be all fine after a quick scan and a restart ;)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623578/zodiac-gameinfo-pop-up/page-2

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:41 AM

Topic resolved by OP...closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users