Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Endless Windows Update Problems? Try This Quickie

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jackz4000

jackz4000

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

I've had those problems the last 6 weeks or so. Prior to that no real problems. I've seen many answers and tried a few that didn't work for me, but I just found something very simple. It worked for my problem and your mileage may vary.

Turn Windows Update to Never. Restart.

Use IE only and go to; http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

In search type:  KB3172605

Add the correct version to your cart 32 or 64 bit.  Click on your Cart.  Click on Download. About 30MB

After the DL locate it and install. The DL and Install takes under 10 minutes. Once installed Restart.

After Configuring etc and booted-up Deselect Never in Windows Update to your preference.

For me it immediately began downloading more Updates about 30MB.

Good luck. Worked for me. Very simple and fast.

KB3179573 is the August Rollup for 64 bit

This is the July Roll Up I think. 

Edited by jackz4000, 24 August 2016 - 11:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users