Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LAN driver disappearing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 arko

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:38 PM

I've Lenovo C340, in it my LAN driver was missing i.e. the ethernet option wasn't shown(not even when network unplugged)

I'd no idea how it went nor any need for it but now I need the driver, my pc isn't connecting to internet via lan and i've to use wifi for it.

I went to recovery and there I used lenovo recovery, where it booted me to lenovo recovery mode, where I saw driver installation option. I clicked on it and pc rebooted and the LAN driver came. 

But network cable was unplugged, I plugged cable and LED started flashing of it, then in pc ethernet showed 'identifying' and it suddenly disappeared. Also during this in background the drivers installation began by default of lenovo and in that i saw realtek lan to got installed, I've no idea what again caused this. I went to device manager and in it in network section there's again just wireless adapter option.

I don't know how but something is wrong or something is removing it and I don't know how to install and keep it permanently.

On downloading realtek driver for it from the website, it returned error "Realtek Network Controller wasn't found. If Deep sleep mode is enabled. Please plug the cable"

Please help me soon, important!

Edited by arko, 23 August 2016 - 12:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:27 AM

You been having a lot of problems with that PC and driver issues(CD-ROM, power button, wireless adapter, etc). Did it start happening around time you installed Driver Booster? From your post here;

"2. I also used Driver Booster and update many drivers as per the application."

I would start by uninstalling that and any other programs you don't use. Use the device manager to check and update drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users