Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MicroSD card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:57 AM

I bought this Raspberry Pi kit to run RetroPie to go with a Tankstick that a friend gave me.

Initially I was able to configure the MicroSD card with the USB adapter.  I bought a 128GB MicroSD that I'm using now.  So, I pulled out the 32GB card and was getting CRC errors on it initially in Windows and couldn't do anything with it. I put it in my Kindle Fire HD and I was able to use the Fire to Erase the card and it looks fine.  When I put it back in the USB or a SD adapter I have it is no longer recognized by Windows and I get an insert disk error when I try to access it.

Any ideas on how to get Windows to recognize it again?

Edited by Kilroy, 23 August 2016 - 11:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,658 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:31 PM

I'm assuming it's also not listed in Disk Management or diskpart.

Fire OS is based on Android which uses a linux kernel. The only thing I can think of is to use a live GParted disk hoping it will see your the card and allow you to partition and format it. The bootable version of Partition Wizard is also linux based and may detect it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users