Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ac Adapter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IAmVlad

IAmVlad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:07 AM

Hi,I have an asus laptop and an ac adapter .I've started to hear some noises from my ac adapter if i get close to it,but that isn't the problem.The problem is that after some time it doesn't charge my laptop anymore and i need to wait 2-3 days ( it happened 2 times )

I have to mention that i can't  take off my laptop battery

Please,any advice will be thankfull

,Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:50 AM

after some time it doesn't charge my laptop anymore

Depends on whether you mean it powers the laptop but the battery doesn't charge, or it stops being able to operate the laptop or charge the battery both.

If the latter, and the adapter is making noises as well, then that's a pretty good indication it is developing a fault. However to be completely sure that it isn't a faulty battery or circuit in the laptop affecting the adapter, you really need to be able to prove matters by using the PSU on another laptop or getting to try another PSU. Being unable to remove the battery makes the diagnosis more difficult. Has the release latch broken?

Edited by Platypus, 23 August 2016 - 01:51 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 IAmVlad

IAmVlad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:03 AM

after some time it doesn't charge my laptop anymore

Depends on whether you mean it powers the laptop but the battery doesn't charge, or it stops being able to operate the laptop or charge the battery both.

If the latter, and the adapter is making noises as well, then that's a pretty good indication it is developing a fault. However to be completely sure that it isn't a faulty battery or circuit in the laptop affecting the adapter, you really need to be able to prove matters by using the PSU on another laptop or getting to try another PSU. Being unable to remove the battery makes the diagnosis more difficult. Has the release latch broken?

1.It stops being able to operate the laptop

2.No,it didn't

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:35 AM

That makes it more likely that the PSU is faulty, unless the inability to remove the battery is due to something like it having swelled up. If the battery can't be removed, it makes it difficult to be sure that it isn't causing the problem. If the battery could be removed, and things started working, you'd know.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users