Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im not sure if im infected..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SoapTurtle

SoapTurtle

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:45 AM

I was playing on steam like usual nothing serious, then my cp crashed you know the whole stuttering audio and frozen image of what you were doing. So i restarted and went the event logs like usual, Other the a bunch of dcom error 1084s and one kernel 41, i found nothing. I check windows update and it says one of my devices didnt finish installing. So i update then i scan with mbam and defender, defender finishes first with nothing, but before mbam finishes my computer starts to act slow again, then 2 of microsoft process errors show up. I cant crtl alt dlt either. At this point im bleeping myself, so i restart in safe mode and do some scans there, nothing comes up. Safe mode runs fine, but im afraid to go off of safe mode. Am i infected? Nothings showing on my scans

Edit: in event viewer these dcom 1084 errors keep being made. Not sure why

Edited by SoapTurtle, 23 August 2016 - 01:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

Hi SoapTurtle :)

It's possible that an exceptional chain of events occured, leading to your computer crashing and not behaving properly after the restart since some components could have been damaged by the crash. If you keep experiencing the symptoms on a prolonged period of time, then we could investigate more.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users