Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Event 219, how to stop?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RaveBlack

RaveBlack

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:36 PM

Since my last post here, I've gotten fed up with Windows 7 update times and upgraded to a new computer and Windows 10. After upgrading that to the Anniversary Edition back on the 10th, I noticed a plethora of Event 219 warnings in my event viewer, all "The driver Driver\tunnel failed to load for the device SWD\IP_TUNNEL_VBUS\ISATAP_0" and "The driver Driver\tunnel failed to load for the device SWD\IP_TUNNEL_VBUS\Teredo_Tunnel_Device". These are coming up several times a minute. For all I know, this was happening prior to the upgrade, but because I stupidly deleted the logs before I knew this was happening, I can't prove that.

The little I can actually find about this via Google says that I can safely ignore it and it's not affecting anything, but I'm completely puzzled regarding why it's happening in the first place because I've been all over my device manager and I can't find either device referenced in the errors. Is there any way I can get them to stop so that my event viewer isn't spammed to heck anymore?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RaveBlack

RaveBlack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:59 PM

And hidden away in a place in the device manager I wasn't looking in when I first posted this was the culprit: the Microsoft IPv4 IPv6 Transition Adapter Bus. I disabled it to test and the warnings stopped coming. Re-enabled and they were back. Rebooted and re-enabled it to check, no warning flood. I'm going to leave it on for now, but if it happens again then I know how to deal with it!

Edited by RaveBlack, 23 August 2016 - 11:13 PM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:21 AM

Back in the olden days (Windows Vista/7) Teredo was a problem.

The "fix" was to uninstall it (from Device Manager), then reboot so Windows could reinstall it.

BTW, depending on who you talk to, there's several ways to fix the W7 update problem.

The most basic is to install SP1, then install the 2 update rollups - and that should fix the problem.

There are other updates that may be effective also.

Edited by usasma, 24 August 2016 - 08:23 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 RaveBlack

RaveBlack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind in case it decides to go wonky again.

I think it had a lot to do with the version upgrade, because now that everything's settled down it's not doing it anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users