So I've been having this issue with my mouse where it registers a click on certain things, but not all things. For example, when I open a window, sometimes the mouse won't register on the close, minimize and collapse buttons. Also, at times I won't be able to move windows or click on the start button or items in my task bar. It's like there's something covering these things up. Also, the mouse will decide (at some point) to randomly send out a burst of quick clicks without me pressing anything or it will activate the scroll bar button.
When I'm running a game I don't run into issues with the mouse....other than Skyrim.
I've tried a lot of "remedies" to the issue such as:
- Switching from a wireless mouse to a non-wireless
- Closing internet connection entirely to rule out a remote terminal kind of virus
- Adjusting power settings in the BIOS and through Windows
- Reformatting my computer and reinstalling windows
- Running multiple virus scans with no finds (using Avast)
The weird thing is that when I use Ctrl + Alt + Del to access the lock screen and click anywhere except the cancel button it seems to restore functionality briefly. Accessing the lock screen is the only solution I've been able to find to this issue, even if it is short lived.
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium
Any, ANY help is appreciated as I've spent a lot of time trying to get this back on the right path. Thanks!