Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop not connecting to Internet Properly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 derp4chu

derp4chu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

Hey everyone,

So I am new to this forum, but I really need some help. I bought a desktop from someone and it was working a-okay so I bought a USB WiFi Adapter because I can't get an ethernet cord to my PC. Also I upgraded the graphics card very slightly to get just a bit more gaming experience out of the desktop. I installed and updated all the drivers, but for some odd reason my desktop says I am connected to the internet, but when I go onto Chrome or FireFox it will connect very slowly, but when I go onto Steam it does not connect at all...anyone know whats wrong with my desktop? Any help? 

Thanks for the help!

P.S. My desktop is a Dell Inspiron

Windows 10

Pentium Dual-Core CPU 2.70 GHz

Ram : 4.00GB

64-bit Operating system

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 August 2016 - 06:34 PM.
moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:20 AM

Was it working for the person you bought it from?

Also, have you checked the wireless adapter manufacture website to make sure you are using the latest drivers?

Last, please run Minitoolbox and run a speed test.

#3 derp4chu

derp4chu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:11 AM

Yea it was working for the person before me and I got the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users