Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft has locked me out of my computer!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 janep

janep

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

I called Microsoft help line yesterday to fix my Office Word program.  Along the tortuous way, after some hocus pocus on his end, the tech ordered me to restart my computer.  That sent me to the Microsoft login screen that will no longer accept my old or new password (that he instructed me to create on another computer).  Prior to his hocus-pocus I was able to login with my PIN #.  So the login screen comes up no matter what I try to do, it will not accept any password (and no option to change it or use PIN #), and the tech told me that my only option is to reset the computer and lose all programs.  So now, a day later and after multiple different attempts to get past the screen, I am where he left me, unable to access my VERY IMPORTANT computer!  PLEASE help if you can.  I have researched all Microsoft forums, other forums and so-called paid for options, and cannot solve my problem.  This site has helped me very much in the past, and you are my last resort.  Kindly help if you can.  And if it is a known and tested program by you that I have to pay for, that's OK too.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

See here for a possible work-around.

Also, have you tried your original password and PIN?   Although you may be using your Microsoft Account to log in to your machine, the password used to do that on your machine is local to it.  I use my Microsoft Account to log in to this machine but the password used on the computer is not the same one that's needed to gain access to the account on Microsoft's website.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 janep

janep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:10 AM

Brian, thanks so much for this info!!  I wish that I had seen it the day you posted (I used to get emails when someone replied here) ... I spent Sunday thru Tuesday on the phone with Microsoft trying everything in their bag with nothing working.  Finally, I took it to the MS store where a tech fixed it.  

I am so happy to have your link that I am not only bookmarking it, but have copied to a doc for future reference!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users