Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no signal on monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pattyandme

pattyandme

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:39 AM

experience: loss signal on monitor

system: nivida quadro cx  

gigabyte gameing mb black

intel quad core 3.5 I5

corsair psu 650

32 gig corsair ram

pulled gpu , reset cmos connected on board z97 graphics  and pulled 1/2 ram .......... signal returned.

reinstalled ram

reboot...........signal ok

reinstalled GPU ..........signal working from card running ok.

reboot .....no signal

saw something on the web were the windows 10 wddm was upgraded to a more restrictive 2.0 code.(recently)

I believe its a bug in this code which doesn't initialize the the GPU on boot and causes a no boot error.( no signal )

has anyone tried to roll back to win 7 to see if this fixes this issue?

its similar to bad MB , GPU, and or PSU as well as ram problems but i don't believe the card is bad as its old but unused until last year when i bought it in the sealed package.

was thinking motherboard but it was new last year along with everything else custom build as of august last year.

the oldest thing i have is the corsair which is about 4 years old.

nothing over clocked at all .

seriously think its win 10 issue with older drivers and or bios's updates not backward compatible WDDM 2.0 code.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pattyandme

pattyandme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:51 PM

by disabling the gpu was able to  boot to the onboard chip set without no signal . than can enable the gpu and disable the on board and the card works fine. just need to switch them before power down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users