Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My internet / Network configuration (HELP)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Doughboyy

Doughboyy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:27 AM

I'm going to list the problems i have been having with my network. I have a router downstairs and i connect my PC with TP Links power-line adaptors (http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/list-18.html) My parents have switched ISP's many times however the problem persists i do believe that the problem is some-where deep inside my internet . It is also worth noting that it could have something to do with my main phone socket or micro-filter.

1) My internet will randomly drop for about 20 mins each week and i will eventually fix it by messing around with Internet Protocol Version 4 and choosing to connect automatically i'm not sure why this works only temporary.

2) This has started happening very recently i am able to surf the internet,watch videos and read forums however as soon as i try to connect to anything e.g battle.net my Skype will disconnect and it will kick me out of any game i am playing . I also noticed that when i went to do a speed test(www.speedtest.net) my Skype would also time out ect. I am not a professional in this scene but i believe it could have something to do with my internet and my DNS ect.  

3) I have tried flushing my DNS, Release,renew,flushdns nothing has worked also my windows firewall doesnt seem to be doing anything whatsoever even when i disable it.

Thank you for reading and i will respond to any help ASAP.

Edit- My speed-test just worked which is strange because it only used to time out. (https://gyazo.com/55e94fc76101109e3c8ef78427e5dc89) Speed-test results 

Example of issue - https://gyazo.com/45a2ceeccf1ec5c563d928c8ecf2b24b

It seems as if as soon as i send the message to connect something goes wrong.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:09 AM

Are you the only one with this problem, or do others in the household have the same problem?

In short, if everyone has a problem, then it's likely a problem with your cabling or your modem/router

If only you have the problem, then it's likely that it's a problem with your computer.

If it's just your computer, you can also test the computer on another network to see if the problem occurs there (that'll also help rule out problems between where you connect and where the others connect)

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users