Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD/ Hard Hang when streaming Videos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SlipperyPickle

SlipperyPickle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:18 AM

Hey thanks in advance for anyone who can even remotely help. So far havent found anyone with the same problem only similar.

Whenever i stream videos my computer either BSOD or just plain black screen crashes, anywhere from a minute to an hour into streaming. Tried on all browser and lots of different sites and plugins.

Gaming is fine (i run all on ultra and dont skip a beat ever) just seems to only be when streaming online (download videos are fine).

Specs:
Nvidia Geforce GTX760
16Gb RAM
Intel Core i5-4670 @3.40GHz
no overclocking on either.
AS Rock Z87 Killer motherboard

Ive tried too many things. updated drivers (about eight times since it started).

If anyone could help you will be remembered as the king of kings. Thanks

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 August 2016 - 09:47 AM.
moved from Audio and Video to BSOD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:21 AM

Just a stab in the dark...have you tried playing with the screen resolution to see if that might help? As I said, a stab in the dark so I don't have an expectation that it will help.

The other thing to try would be to temporarily pull all of your RAM modules except one. See if that helps. If it does, then swap in another module, etc. Bad RAM modules can sometimes cause BSOD.

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:23 AM

And you probably should do what is instructed here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Since your post was moved, you likely did not see those instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users