Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with grub

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 formatmicro

formatmicro

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:54 PM

Hello, is anyone familiar with grub? I could really use some help. I was attempting a update from 4.4 to 6.0 and I formatted a partition to grub. I'm not familiar with the command script and I'm stuck. Thank you in advance.

Edit: Moved topic from Android to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:34 AM

Hi formatmicro,

Can you please post some more details of the problem you are having? Which operating system are you using? Can you explain what you mean by you have "formatted a partition to grub"?

Edited by Al1000, 24 August 2016 - 04:36 AM.

#3 formatmicro

formatmicro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:41 AM

Thank you for taking the time to adress my issue. I origanally intalled Linux Mint (Sara) 18. I decided to install 4.4 Android x86 on to my laptop, when installing Android I was using a USB 16GB drive while prepping drives and partitions I changed the partition types of Linux to Linux Filesystem and Android to MBR (both marked boot) installation and continued to back out and reboot. I installed Android x86 to my internal 150GB hard drive. After the reboot my PC will only boot into Grub saying, root (hd0,0) partition unknown, format 0x80. When I attempt to use my USB it boots to black screen with only a flashing line as if I was typing. Grub has no kernel loaded, will not let me boot and I'm not familiar with it. Once again Thank You!

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,340 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:44 AM

Its best to lay off android x86, its actually very buggy.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

8spxh0-6.png

#5 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,109 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:41 PM

Do you have any other Linux DVD/CD or 'live' USB that you can boot the computer with?

Is Linux Mint still installed on another partition, or did you delete Mint before (or when) installing Android?

#6 formatmicro

formatmicro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:33 PM

It was deleted I believe. I used Unetbootin to create a usb drive to install xubuntu and now it is saying "ISOlinux.bin is missing or corrupt and then automatically for a into grub.

#7 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,109 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:24 AM

Is Xubuntu installed to the computer's hard drive?

Is Android still installed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users