Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ethernet invalid configuration

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Whzzman

Whzzman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:45 PM

Hi

I'm been using Windows 10 and recently when for a update two weeks ago, since then i having problem connecting to web.

I'm able to connect to Gmail, Facebook and even google search but cannot connect directly or access those links,  i have to run the Network Troubleshooter every time and it gives this message.

"Ethernet" doesn't have a  valid IP configurations >>> Fixed

I even went throught https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Did a Driver update ( result: driver up to date)

Did a command prompt trouble shoot as given in the link

Restarted the system and modem

Again i have to run the Network trouble shoot the reset the Ethernet adapter

Now what to do, should i update motherboard drivers or roll back the network adapter, well this happen after recent Windows 10 update a few weeks back.

thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:35 PM

I'm able to connect to Gmail, Facebook and even google search but cannot connect directly or access those links,  i have to run the Network Troubleshooter every time and it gives this message.

"Ethernet" doesn't have a  valid IP configurations >>> Fixed

What i don't understand is how are you able to connect to Gmail, Facebook and even google but what you mean by you cannot directly access those links?

Open Command Prompt as a administrator by pressing  Win + X, and then press A letter key.

Run below command from Command Prompt that is open as administrator.

ipconfig /all  | Clip

After executing above command right click empty era of your next post and select Paste.

Above command copies the ipconfig /all  command output to Windows clipboard.

How are you updating the Ethernet network card driver?

Have you check latest Ethernet network card driver from manufacturer of the  Ethernet network card driver or motherboard manufacturer website?

Have you completely uninstall network card driver before installing latest Ethernet network card driver?

Posted Image

#3 Whzzman

Whzzman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:29 PM

This is what I have to go throught to access internet (attached two pics) this happen after recent Windows 10 update, some even this doesn't help, i have restart the modem and sytem and then go for network troubleshoot.

Attached Files

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:43 AM

Download and execute my batch script to set Windows services to default settings.

Set Windows Services To Default Startup

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users