Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 and Speccy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

I recently went through two Speccy reports on two computers, one a desktop and the other a laptop, both running 64 bit Win 10 Pro. Between the list of installed updates and failed ones there was a list of about 100 dates with no updates against them but the really odd thing was the date itself - 30th December 1899.

What I would like to know is is this some Speccy / Win 10 problem and has any one else come across it ?  See this report -

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/tsifC4mFcDMOndXpFL6dIan

If the date had been the 31st we could at least have had a party !

Chris Cosgrove

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:58 PM

Chris,

Just ran Speccy on my Win10 machine that was updated for the Anniversary Update during its first week of release.  I've got the same mysterious string of 12/30/1899 dates at the end of my installed hotfix list as you have.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:32 PM

It has to be something unique to Windows 10.

I looked at Speccy report posted today and the hotfix dates are correct.

I picked out a few previously posted Speccy results in Windows 10 and all of them have the 1899 date.

#4 Guest_GNULINUX_*

Guest_GNULINUX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:48 PM

Click and Click, it's the null/zero date!  :wink:

Just like you have Windows 7, 8 and 9 10 but the other way around...

Greets!

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove
  • Topic Starter

• 6,226 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:58 AM

At least it's not just me !

@GNULINUX  Thanks for the links. I was vaguely aware that MS's time and date system zeroed somewhere about the year 1900 but no more than that. As my programming skills come close to zero it is not something I have ever had to worry about, but interesting. As soon as I saw the articles 1904 rang that same faint bell.

Out of curiosity I have just looked at my own Speccy report (64 bit Win 7 Home Premium) and it doesn't show even one such date. It may be just another Win 10 oddity.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:15 AM

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/f1eef5fe-ef5e-4ab6-9d92-0998d3fa6e14/what-is-story-behind-december-30-1899-as-base-date?forum=accessdev

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users