Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommend simple audio card for GA-EP45-UD3P?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 funlover

funlover

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:47 PM

Need a very basic audio card for the GA-EP45-UD3P. Don't listen to music. Need for speech recognition. I am assuming it goes into one of the white slots?  Would appreciate suggestions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

Hi,

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-XS51-XtremeSound-Sound-Card/dp/B000FJR1EY/ref=sr_1_12?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1471823142&sr=1-12&keywords=sound+card

Will this work?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 funlover

funlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:16 AM

Hi thanks for your help... I didn't realize you answered last night. The price is good for sure, but I thought it needed to be a PCI-E?  Asking because I ordered one from Amazon and it wouldn't fit. It was a PCI 5.1.

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:43 AM

The motherboard has 2 x PCI slots.  These are the longer white slots in the picture shown here - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3012#ov

It could also take a PCI-E sound card.

The motherboard has onboard sound which will take a basic mic or headset.  Is that not sufficient for what you need to do?

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 funlover

funlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

Thanks, after a lightening strike, I had no more sound and reason looking for a card

#6 funlover

funlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:28 PM

I was just thinking, my monitor (ASUS PB278Q) has built in speakers, but I had no sound after the lightening strike. Will these speakers work with a sound card, or just onboard sound. Is there a way to determine if the onboard sound will work again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users