Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSODs performing various tasks from gaming to browsing to starting the computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MojoAndGoop

MojoAndGoop

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:22 PM

Hey folks,

I've been trying to diagnose this issue on my own for a few months as I've had time, but have finally reached the limits of my own knowledge. I've seen some great diagnostics come out of this forum, so I figured I'd reach out for some help.

· OS - WIndows 10
· x64
· Windows 7
· OEM - purchased and installed personally
· All hardware purchased December 2016
· Age of OS installation ~3 Months - upgraded to windows 10 with the free upgrade cycle. (Problem existed on previous OS install as well)

· CPU - AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

· Video Card: Geforce GTX 750ti
· MotherBoard - MSI 970A-G45
· Power Supply - Cooler Master V550 (550 Watt)

· System Manufacturer - Manual Build
· Exact model number - N/A
· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

Previous Troubleshooting:

- Ran windows updates

- Ran system file checker

- Modified size of Page file to exceed installed memory (by default windows had it at ~ 1 GB)

- Reseated all hardware

- Re applied thermal paste to CPU

- Updated to latest NVidia Geforce drivers

- Used DDU to uninstall said drivers and rolled back to earlier supposedly stable build (3.6519) - Can revert if necessary.

- Ran overheating test with HWMonitor - however due to nature of crashes have been unable to detect issue

- Ran an extreme stress test on PC using Heaven Benchmark in windowed mode with highest graphics setting and simultaneous Prime95 blend test to stress CPU - no heat issues after an hour but I don't doubt it could still be an issue

Further information:

WIndows has generated a couple TDR errors (0x141 and 0x117) where the drivers stopped responding. I'm assuming that the crashes may be 0x116 types as a result but haven't been able to nail down the cause just yet.

Sysnative File Collection Below - but Perfmon is currently hanging at "Collecting data for 60 seconds..." for over 15 minutes. Working on solving that problem now and will update thread with other files as able.

Edit: Attached new Sysnative file

Attached Files

Edited by MojoAndGoop, 21 August 2016 - 10:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MojoAndGoop

MojoAndGoop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:19 PM

Update: haven't been able to get perfmon to run just yet, running through some of the other tests as we use the computer today. I've updated back to the most recent nvidia drivers and attempted to install windows 10 Anniversary edition update manually. The Anniversary edition update resulted in another crash during installation and we were forced to roll back to the 10587 build. Since the crashes persist, I'm updating the sysnative file with a new output.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

No memory dumps in the uploaded reports.

No memory dumps in the KernelDumpList.txt report

No BSOD's listed in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.

Most often this is a symptom of a hardware/compatibility/low-level driver issue

Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Your UEFI/BIOS (version V2.6) dates from 2011.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

MSI Afterburner (along with EVGA Precision and Riva Tuner) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys).  Please un-install them immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

Beyond that, if the diagnostics all pass, then try running Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users