Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Task Manager

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 magistre

magistre

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:33 AM

I know this is probably a very elementary question but with the windows task manager, if you click on "proccesses" go to a program running and right-click you get a drop-down menu that reads: end process, end process tree, "debug"(grayed) and set priority. My question has to do with the debug part. Is this discontinued? Is there some way of using it and particularly what exactly does it do?

Edited by jgweed, 17 August 2006 - 09:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:24 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer magistre Posted Image
The Task Manager provides information about programs and processes running on your computer. Have a read in this M$ Overview about the Task Manager.
Here is an article on How to use the Windows Task Manager.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:04 PM

It's my understanding that you'd have to have a kernel level debugger installed in order to access this choice. It also may only work if a crash dump has been generated for this particular process during the current session.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users