Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:54 AM

If my computer has been on for two nights, come the second morning, I always get the following error when opening any programs, including Task Manager.

C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe

insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

Followed by another error

Can't open this item.

It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Do you want to remove this item?

It even asks me if I want to remove the item for task manager and obviously I do not want to remove task manager.

If I try again, all programs give this error:

There is not enough free memory to run this program. Exit one or more programs, and then try again

It is kinda difficult to see what is going on here when I cannot even open the task manager to see memory usage or anything. This is a Dell Optiplex 780 with 4GB ram and more than enough free hard drive space. 3.0 GHZ processor is more than efficient to run Windows 7.

Any idea on what the problem may be?

Edited by Sylveon Fetish, 21 August 2016 - 06:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:26 AM

Download, install, run MiniToolBox [don't click on any resets yet] and Piriform's Speccy.  Don't post any logs until BC staff ask for them [& gives info on how & what to post].  My first inclination is that there are a number of programs and utilities running in the background -- possibly such are eating up your computer's resources without releasing resources back into the pool.  Agreed, your hardware specs show you have a very fine computer.

Edited by RolandJS, 21 August 2016 - 08:27 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:34 AM

One potential problem could be related to the antivirus you are running.  I would suggest uninstalling your current antivirus, download and install Microsoft Security Essential.  This uses a much smaller amount of resources as some of the other versions, especially paid version like Norton 360.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:42 AM

I would just reboot the system...and then use Task Manager to see if anything is out of line via looking at the processes and RAM usage.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users