Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Device not recognized: A persistent Problem, never quits

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gosh! I am no geek!

Gosh! I am no geek!

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:17 PM

I am consistently and annoyingly getting this message, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)," the moment I turn on the computer, can't use it for webinars, music, or cannot study or watch anything because it keeps on making a loud noise and never quits.
I have tried everything that has been suggested by any pro, and nothing has worked so far. I ave tried what Microsoft and Lenovo has to say, and none of that works either.
I am using Windows 7  Professional with servicepack 1, It shows up as an unknown device and few other IDs that I discovered along the way:

Driver Version 6.1.7601.18328

Device Instance path USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\6&2CC1432E&1&3

Driver Key {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}\0009

Parent USB\VID_8087&PID_0024\5&ed2da9a&1&1

Could not find any solution so far and I am at that point of quitting altogether, but not sure what to do. Anyone who knows computers better than me, please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:51 PM

Based on the driver key ID, that is part of the USB controllers -- in particular, the driver that handles any USB-connected printers. It is a Microsoft driver.

Your best bet is to try running the Microsoft hardware FixIt tool, if you haven't tried that already: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/hardware_device_problems

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

USB issues are common, what I and most do is to go into device manager and delete the USB stuff then reboot, windows will reload fresh drivers "no need for the OS disk".  You can serch that code on the net there are good instructions should you need them.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 Gosh! I am no geek!

Gosh! I am no geek!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:48 PM

THanx BC Advisor, 

sflatechguy
 I did try FixITNow form Microsoft, using "Troubleshoot problems with devices and printers" and showed up as an error saying, "a problem is preventing from troubleshooting," error code : 0x80070002, Path: Unknown. Basically, I could not go further. I also tried, "Find and fix problems with devices and hardware" but that came up with error as well, saying, "problem detected with unknown device." HUm. When I click on "view Details," this is what showed up, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)," have seen it many, many times already, OldPhil, it wouldn't let me delete drive, disable, update etc either...don't know what to do.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

A lot here hope some get you going.

https://www.google.com/search?q=code+43+windows+7+fix&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

#6 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:06 AM

Yep. That Code 43 error means the device driver has notified the OS that the device has failed. Given that the error points to the USB print driver, is there a printer connected to your system? Is it working? Are the device drivers up to date?

If they are, and disabling and re-enabling the USB drivers, that may indicate bigger problems with your operating system.

The error message from the FixIt tool regarding Path: Unknown seems to indicate that there is an issue with your temp file, in that the environment variable may not contain a correct entry for it. Go to the Control Panel, System, click Advanced System Settings in the menu on the left. In the System tab of the new window, in the lower right, click Environment variables. The TEMP and TMP variables should be set to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp. You can also confirm this by opening a file or folder window and typing in %tmp% and %temp% in the navigation bar at the top. Both should take you to "Your user name"\AppData\Local\Temp. 

If they don't, then again, there are bigger problems with your OS.

You mentioned it makes a "loud noise". Is it the fan or the hard drive that is making the noise?

#7 Gosh! I am no geek!

Gosh! I am no geek!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:55 PM

sflatechguy , TEMP and TMP are as you suggested...nothing wrong there. Printer is connected and operable, I have actually downloaded drivers from Lexmark website as well, but same problem persists.

The noise comes when audio is on, indicates the unknown device bumps in an out of the device and the printer window and on the task bar the symbol for the USB port keeps on bouncing as well...I may have to back up all and re-install windows 7 again...I guess...Thanx for your help. :)

#8 Gosh! I am no geek!

Gosh! I am no geek!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:01 PM

oldPhil, I have tried almost all of which applied to my case, but no use so far...I have tried, uninstall, disable, update and all...nothing works...but thanks for your suggestions..:)

#9 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:34 PM

May be worth taking a look at the connections, all ports get plugged into the board.  It can't hurt checking into that, I would plug and unplug.

Phil

#10 Gosh! I am no geek!

Gosh! I am no geek!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:22 PM

After I updated drivers from Lexmark, it just disappeared...How many days, who knows! LOL
AS long as it stays away, I will be happy...it is an eyesore...but also noisy...both are gone for now..

Thank you guys for putting up with me...

#11 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

No problem. Glad it's resolved, and that it was such an easy fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users