Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezing at random rarely a bsod?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Zack13bam

Zack13bam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

FATAL ERROR: Resulting sum was 4.863243957467723e+288, expected: 2.426519741139961e+016
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

This is an error that occured during a blend test overnight in Prime95

My gpu passed the video tests without any errors it seems but these ones I did not do over night, will be doing so tonight just to double check.

No not using any cleaner hopefully it's in there now.

Attached Files

Edited by Zack13bam, 25 August 2016 - 09:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Zack13bam

Zack13bam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

and this still running blend test on Prime95

#18 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

Blend test errors are usually due to problems with the RAM

To rule out the CPU cache and memory controller, run the CPU tests

If the CPU tests pass, then it's time to test the RAM sticks individually.

First test each stick in the first slot.

If all pass, then test one of them in each of the slots

If some pass, then test one of those that passed in each of the slots

If none pass, then you have to decide if it's a RAM issue or a slot issue (which means a new motherboard)

FYI - Kingston RAM usually comes with a lifetime warranty.

Contact Kingston for RMA instructions.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#19 Zack13bam

Zack13bam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:39 PM

How long should I run the cpu test?

#20 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:58 AM

Depends on which one you choose.

In general, run it until you're sure that the system won't have a problem with it

Things like overheating, crashes, video distortion, other strange happenings

Most often, if you monitor the temps, you'll see them initially rise quickly.

Then they'll level out after a while.  Let it run for a short while after it levels out.

Obviously, if it doesn't level out, and/or exceeds 95ºC - stop the test immediately.

If unable to stop the test, shut the system down by pressing and holding the power button.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#21 Zack13bam

Zack13bam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:05 AM

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.494140625, expected less than 0.4

got this result on the cpu test in Prime95 

does this potentially mean I have a bad cpu?

Temp didnt exceed 65C I imagine that, that temperature max isn't too terrible.

Edited by Zack13bam, 26 August 2016 - 08:06 AM.

#22 Zack13bam

Zack13bam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

new blue screens while playing some games, uploading in case it helps solve the problem.

Attached Files

#23 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

If running the Blend Test in Prime95, it's most likely a RAM problem.

If running the other tests, then it's most likely a CPU/motherboard problem.

Run the CPU diagnostics here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

If they pass, then try the memory diagnostics (I think it's Step 6 - that's where you start swapping around the RAM to find the bad sticks and/or slots)

Not need for more memory dumps until the Prime95 problem is fixed.

Good luck!

#24 Zack13bam

Zack13bam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:26 AM

Apologies thought the small test on Prime95 was the cpu stress test using AMD Overdrive now, also about how many passes do I need to run Memtest for last time I ran it  I did 5 complete passes with no errors it took about 16 hours so, should I do more than 5 if it comes to doing memtest again?

#25 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:06 AM

I suggest 3 passes, other techs suggest 5 or 7 passes with MemTest

FYI - Prime95 can find problems with RAM that MemTest doesn't - so they complement each other when doing diagnostics

It's important to rule out the CPU - as the next step (after testing) is to replace parts.
And, most quality RAM is covered by a lifetime warranty - so that'll save money (and time) if it's identified correctly

#26 Zack13bam

Zack13bam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

Ok I used AMD overdrive for the cpu test if your familiar with it I selected all the options just in case, I ran it over night for about 12 hours and although I don't see a place where it would have put rhe results but I got no errors in doing so. Will be running memtest later today.

#27 Zack13bam

Zack13bam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:58 AM

So if I pass the memtest we might be looking at a bad CPU or motherboard? possibly

#28 Zack13bam

Zack13bam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:34 PM

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2
Date:          8/28/2016 5:25:27 PM
Event ID:      513
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-TS5NIGC
Description:
Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:
AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.

System Error:
Access is denied.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" Guid="{5bbca4a8-b209-48dc-a8c7-b23d3e5216fb}" EventSourceName="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">513</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-08-28T21:25:27.371703400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1915</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="1728" ThreadID="1880" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-TS5NIGC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>

Details:
AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.

System Error:
Access is denied.
</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          8/28/2016 5:24:33 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-TS5NIGC
Description:
Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e94c
Faulting module name: StartUI.dll, version: 10.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e851
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00000000002987a2
Faulting process id: 0x1148
Faulting application start time: 0x01d20172707b77ba
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartUI.dll
Report Id: 6a7824c3-39fd-46bd-aa62-f926d867c003
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.10586.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-08-28T21:24:33.439905400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1910</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-TS5NIGC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>ShellExperienceHost.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.10586.494</Data>
    <Data>5775e94c</Data>
    <Data>StartUI.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.10586.494</Data>
    <Data>5775e851</Data>
    <Data>c000041d</Data>
    <Data>00000000002987a2</Data>
    <Data>1148</Data>
    <Data>01d20172707b77ba</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartUI.dll</Data>
    <Data>6a7824c3-39fd-46bd-aa62-f926d867c003</Data>
    <Data>Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.10586.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy</Data>
    <Data>App</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x7A7900000000.  The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

these are the errors I have been getting before a crash found in event viewer, no blue screen just freezes.

#29 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:59 AM

If it passes the CPU diagnostics, then memory (RAM) is the most likely problem.

Even if it passes Memtest - as Prime95 tests differently than Memtest.

Fix the hardware problems first (the FATAL ERRORS in Prime95), then we'll delve into any event viewer errors if you still have problems.

This will involve testing each stick in the first slot, then testing a stick that passed in the rest of the slots

If the good stick gives errors in the other slots, then you have to wonder about the motherboard.

Otherwise, at this point you'll have identified the bad sticks (and will have to replace them).

Don't forget to use good antistatic precautions - to prevent damaging any of the components.

Edited by usasma, 29 August 2016 - 06:00 AM.

#30 Zack13bam

Zack13bam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:05 AM

I ran AMD OverDrive for 10 hours with no problem, I also ran Hot CPU Tester as well that came up with no errors after it went through it's tests, So should I run memtest with one stick at a time in slot 1? Last week I tried playing some games with only one stick in at a time (of course in slot 1) and It still proceeded to freeze on me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users