Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antispam Software.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MaMister

MaMister

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:42 PM

Hi,

I am using norton antivirus at my office. We tried Norton Internet Security Suite but the firewall feature makes our customize software crazy....

We wanted to use a good standalone antispam that can run with norton antivirus....

Any recommend?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:47 AM

I do not have any specific recommendations for you, but just wanted to add a comment.

Anti-spam software will probably block wanted emails. Especially in a business setting. I suppose you are writing emails to other businesses, and anyone who resonds and sends and email from another business runs the risk of being blocked.

If you are getting spammed a lot, you need to come up with a plan to stay one step ahead of the spammers. Be careful who you give you email addys out to. Change email addys that you might have on your web site from time to time. Do not use 'lame' obvious addresses such as INFO@YOUR BUSINESS.COM

Just my 2 cents.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:51 AM

I was tired of spam software not working so I started using Message Rules in Outlook. It is like a firewall in respect that it takes a while to configure. Once it is setup you will be surprised how many spam mail you can intercept. Route the one you need to the appropriate folder and then delete the left overs in the "In Box" folder. All you need is quick scan to make sure you don't delete good mail.
It works for me, and i I start receiving new mail I can create a message rule and folder and everything is sorted and clean.
That is my take.

Edited by acklan, 18 August 2006 - 08:51 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:46 AM

Thunderbird also has spam filters. You'll want to make sure that your spam mail gets put into a separate folder in case something legitimate is flagged as spam.

Many e-mail suppliers (servers?) might also have spam filters you can sign up for with the same option of being able to review the e-mail so you don't miss something important - a good thing too because the spam filters on one of my mail servers marked some posts from BC as possible spam!

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:15 PM

Mailwasher is great, but I don't know how well it will work in the office. It's easy to use, and you can make up your own rules for it - so that the SPAM is deleted from your server before it's been opened.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users